A significant part of Peru Mission's success lies in God's constantly sending people with diverse skills, backgrounds, and gifts to be a part of our team. People in all fields from pastoral ministry to accounting, and from construction to law, provide vital help in building, improving, and supporting Peru Mission's ministries.
Peru Mission has both long-term (Career) and short-term (Associate) missionaries. The Lord calls each of us to varying levels of commitment, but each plays a vital role in furthering the Kingdom here in Peru. All missionaries raise support to live and work in Peru.
Our associate missionaries commit to serving in Peru for a term of one or two years, and typically take on short-term projects or supportive roles in the mission. They attend language school in Arequipa, Peru, for a minimum of three months before beginning their commitment in Trujillo or Cajamarca. Due to the shorter term of service, associate missionaries raise their full support before coming to the field.
Our career missionaries commit to serving in Peru for four years or more, and typically take on projects requiring long-term commitment and leadership. They attend language school in Arequipa, Peru, for a minimum of six months before beginning their commitment in Trujillo or Cajamarca. They must raise ongoing support and a base of one-year plus language school costs before coming to the field.
If we you are interested in joining our team, we invite you to take a look at the following process we follow with each applicant:
- Inquiry. Interested person contacts Peru Mission expressing interest.
- Follow up. Correspondence follows between Peru Mission and the interested person.
- Application. Interested person completes and submits the application.
- Interview. Applicant is interviewed by Peru Mission.
- Vision Trip. Applicant comes to Peru on a "vision trip" to meet the team and learn more about our ministry.
- Invitation. Pending approval, the applicant is invited to join Peru Mission.
- Logistics. Peru Mission will aid the applicant in raising funds and preparing to come to the field..
If you are interested in pursuing a career with Peru Mission or using your gifts to serve in Peru for a shorter time, please contact our Team Administrator, Alleen McLain, or submit the form below. You can also download our Missionary Application and email it to our Team Administrator. You will be contacted within two weeks of Peru Mission receiving your interest form or application.